Beer can chicken is a dish with a strong flavor and a crunchy outer skin that everyone likes to eat. The dish sounds complicated but actually the way to make this dish is extremely simple. Anyone can make it successfully.
Chicken is a familiar food and can be processed into many delicious and attractive dishes. Broiled chicken always has a strong attraction that is hard to resist.
However, to broil a chicken with crunchy skin is not an easy thing for housewives. If you want a whole chicken with brown and crunchy skin like in a restaurant, you should know how to make this broiled beer can chicken!
Not only marinated with beer, this dish also has a unique way of making. Because the chicken sits on a can of beer, the whole chicken is exposed to the air in the oven, keeping the temperature stable. Thus, the skin will be crispy and brown.
(Read More: How to roast chicken in a microwave oven)
How to make beer can chicken
- 01 chicken (size 2 – 3 lbs.)
- Beer: 01 can
- Olive oil: 02 tbsp
- Sugar: 02 tbsp
- Chili powder: 1/2 tablespoon
- Chili sauce: 03 tbsp
- Salt: 02 tsp
- Clove powder: 1 tsp
- Minced garlic: 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Wash the chicken. Use a paper towel to dry. Then, rub olive oil evenly over the whole chicken.
- Open the can of beer. Pour around 1/3 into a clean cup and leave about 2/3. This is an important step because failure to do so will lead to the beer can exploding during the broiling process, which is dangerous.
- Put all the ingredients in the beer can to stir.
- When the spice is done, apply evenly over the chicken and marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn on the oven at a temperature of 400 F degrees.
- Put the beer on the broiling tray. Gently let the chicken sit on the beer can with the head facing up.
- Put the chicken in the oven and broil at a temperature of 350 F degrees for 60 – 70 minutes.
Note: Make sure the tray is set to the lowest position in the oven to prevent uneven cooking.
- Once the skin is brown and the chicken is cooked, carefully remove the chicken from the oven and let it cool off for about 5 minutes before chopping.
With just a few simple steps, you immediately have a very delicious broiled chicken dish with super irresistible taste.
We wish you success!